CABA Foundation awards scholarships on the basis of a comprehensive process. Areas that are reviewed by the committee include, but are not limited to, the following: Academic Accomplishments, Community Service, References, Personal Essay and Financial Need. CABA Foundation pays scholarship funds directly to the recipient. Scholarships are awarded annually. Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation. Scholarships awarded are based upon the availability of funds and additional qualifying criteria.
- Applicant must be a law student of Cuban heritage who has distinguished himself/herself academically and/or in service-oriented activities; OR any law student who has distinguished himself/herself in research, writing, community services, and/or other activities of importance to the Cuban-American community;
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled student in good academic standing at an accredited law school;
- Applicant must submit a complete formal application for a CABA Foundation Scholarship;
- Applicants must be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States; and
- Applicants must complete and submit a typed Scholarship Application and provide all supporting documents listed below (i.e., resume, evidence of enrollment, etc.) no later than April 30, 2019.
- Applications and supporting documentation are due no later than April 30, 2019.
- Candidates may be asked for an interview by the Scholarship Committee, conducted in early May.
- Applicants are notified if awarded a scholarship by May 17, 2019.