- For Members
- Pro Bono
- Contact Us
Arturo Alvarez was born in Havana, Cuba on June 13, 1948. He received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science in 1970 from the University of Florida. He also received his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida School of Law in 1972.
After law school, Mr. Alvarez became an Assistant State Attorney for Miami-Dade County, Eleventh Judicial Circuit. He remained in the office from 1973-1976. His love of public service continued when he joined the Office of the City Attorney, City of Miami in 1977. He was an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Miami, where he headed the Litigation (Torts) division.
Upon leaving the City of Miami, he was hired by Sams, Anderson, Gerstein and Ward, where he continued his tort litigation practice. In 1980, Mr. Alvarez joined Mr. Tomas Gamba and formed Alvarez and Gamba, P.A. As partners the firm flourished and they remained together for 13 years. In 1993 Mr. Alvarez became a member of the firm of Alvarez, Armas & Borron, where he practiced until 2011. In his latest endeavor, he continues to practice civil and criminal litigation as Arturo Alvarez, Attorney at Law.
In addition to his distinguished legal career, Mr. Alvarez was appointed by the Florida Supreme Court as a member of the Article V Task Force in 1994, the committee responsible for suggesting revisions to Article V of the Florida Constitution. He has also been appointed to several Judicial Nominating Commissions (JNCs) over his career. He has served the legal community well by serving as a member of the following JNCs:
- Eleventh Judicial Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission from 1992-1996
- Third District Court of Appeal Judicial Nominating Commission from 1996-2000
- Southern District Court Judicial Nominating Commission from 1994-1996
- Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission from 2000-2008
Mr. Alvarez was also one of the founding members of the Cuban American Bar Association (CABA). He was President of CABA in 1994 and he remains actively involved with the organization and its present leadership.
- Special Counsel - Open House May 23 (4 days)
- LAW DAY- AT THE HIALEAH BRANCH COURTHOUSE(5 days)
- CABA' s CLE "Let’s Get Dirty The Life of a Real Estate Deal from Start to Finish" June 5, 2013(17 days)
- The Minority In-House Counsel Association's First Annual Conference, June 12-14(24 days)
- Please Join CABA at a Summer Solstice Membership Appreciation Networking Cocktail: Tuesday, June 18, 6:00 PM(30 days)